Weekly Newspaper covering Marion, Schley, Chattahoochee, Webster, and Stewart Counties.
Chatt. Co. Historic Society holds Dedication Ceremony
From the Nov. 20, 2013 issue of The Journal
By Gwanda Place
Saturday afternoon, November 16, the Chattahoochee County Historic Preservation Society (CCHPS) dedicated five windows that were donated for the 1902 jail in Cusseta.
The five windows have been replaced thanks to the generous donations of: Probate Judge James W. McGlaun, Jr. in memory of Sheriff James D. McGlaun, who was sheriff from 1928-1935; LaVerne Wright on behalf of the Wright family in memory of Newell Edward “Nollie” Wright, who was sheriff from 1936-1952; Walter Miller, Ben Miller, and ... Online subscribers click here for the rest of the story.